Friday, April 27, 2012

Life's like a jump rope



I heard this song for the first time while driving in my car with the kids.  We pretty much only listen to Kid's Place Live on the Sirius Radio these days and the tune to this song is very catchy.  The words.... they just spoke to me.  They spoke to my view on life and I felt like I really understood them.  It took me back 14 years to the day I was diagnosed with cancer and and then all the days in between where some have been up and some (not many) have been down.  

About a week or two ago I heard of another person, a young girl) who was just diagnosed with cancer.  She has lymphoma (similar but the not same as me) and she has a twin sister.  It is all so similar.  I don't know this girl well but I feel like I know her well enough to do something!   I immediately thought of this song.  Then my sister showed me these cool bracelets on pinterest made out of a jump rope!  So, put two and two together and you get the perfect daily reminder that life is like a jump jope.  Things will get hard, but don't lose hope cause life is like a jump rope.  

I am currently trying to make up several of these to put in my care package for this young girl so she might choose to wear one and maybe give a few away.  She is in my prayers and I hope she is now in your prayers as well.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment