Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Preschool 2010

Ah! The perfect picture of a preschooler! She's happy and ready to go to her first day. A whole new world just waiting with open arms. This picture just captures my emotions perfectly when thinking about Helaina's first day of preschool! What a wonderful moment....
NOT!!!!

Our day started at 6:00am with Helaina waking up asking for a drink of water because her "mouth hurt". She got her drink of water but proceeded to make whiny noises until I went back in and she again told me that her mouth hurt (this usually means her throat). I had no idea of I should give her Motrin or not. I was afraid it would mask any real symptoms she might have. (that was the hypochondriac part of me) Then I thought well shoot, if helps her to fall back asleep then it is worth it. Maybe she was just breathing through her mouth and dried herself out? So, Motrin on board she goes back to sleep and everything is going great. I had to wake her today at 7:30am because she usually sleeps until 8:30am. She didn't really want to wake up right away and then decided that she didn't really want to go to preschool. This is the same girl who COULDN'T WAIT for preschool! I ignored her. We got through breakfast just fine and then it was time to go outside for a picture. BREAK DOWN!
We had real tears, and a bit of a temper tantrum. I FINALLY told her that she had two choices. She could choose to stop crying take a quick picture and go to preschool or we would go back inside and she could go back to bed instead of preschool. She decided to get a drink and try the picture again. In a span of mere minutes we went from the picture above to the first picture. KIDS!!!!! Her experience at preschool must have been good because she was beaming when she came out the door and she never looked back when she walked through the door! There were no good-bye kisses or hugs for Helaina.... she was ready! FINALLY!!!!
Breakfast!
Not ready to wake up... sitting in chair while I made her bed!
Didn't even wake up when I opened her curtains!
Here new school bag! I attempted to sew her hand prints on the bag. Not the greatest sewing but the meaning is the same!

First one in the classroom!
Daddy and his girls!
Mommy and Breleigh leaving the preschool after dropping off Helaina

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, where do I start? First of all, I LOVE the first picture, so cute! Why oh why don't my kids sleep in like yours? You are too creative, sewing her handprints on her bag:) I'm glad Helaina came around and had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete