Monday, July 11, 2011

Proud to be an American

Seaman Edwards! (A.K.A. My adorable, can't possibly be old enough, remember him when he was just a tiny baby- Nick)
This Seaman gets All the cute girls!
We just can't resist a man in uniform! (seems weird to refer to my "little" nephew as a man but he is what he is!)
Siblings! Stacy and Nick Edwards (My niece and nephew)
A very proud Grandma and Papa with their grandson.
Three generations of Edwards'
The grown up generations!
(Top) Mike- Father Nick Carrie- Step Mom
(Bottom) Stacy- sister Logan- brother Lexi- sister
Nick with his parental units!
Father and Son enjoying a good laugh! (never mind that I was trying to take pictures) ;)
A REAL Navy man never forgets how important it is to show some love for his cousin!
Yup -that's me! I am one proud Auntie and I think he looked so adorable in his dress whites!
Oh gee... is anyone really surprised that I had my girls wear their sailor dresses for this big event? They were the talk of Chili's while we were eating lunch. The restaurant was crawling with men in uniform and their families!

We had a great time enjoying some quality time with family and especially with Nick. It was fun to get to hear about boot camp and see how much he has changed. We all sent him as many letters as we could and he was so gracious about receiving them! We were unable to go to the actual graduation (only a very limited number of tickets ) but I am so grateful that I was able to go and give my nephew a hug! These men and women in uniform are pretty important people! I feel so blessed to live in this country and have these awesome people keeping me safe. So, even though I have never felt the need to discriminate between any branches of the armed forces I do feel the need to end this post with.... GO NAVY!!!! (hehehehehehehehehehehehehe)

(and yes.... I was dorky enough to buy myself a sweatshirt that said..... "Navy Aunt"!

No comments:

Post a Comment